Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Packing!

Holy. Mackerel. The day is almost here! Naturally, we haven't even attempted to pack until the day before we leave. I finished moving out of my house yesterday evening, leaving very little time to prepare for the trip. I'm also prettttty sure several bits of my life are still all over that old house.

We will be staying at the Lokahi Garden Sanctuary for two months of farming experience. The sanctuary is owned by a couple made up of a naturopathic doctor and a hula/qi gong teacher. To say I'm excited is a ridiculous understatement. They even have family/ connections to Nola!

Packing was an interesting experience.

Below you can see my one pile for two months of farming in Hawaii, possibly including a nice dinner here and there.

Then there are Aubrey's piles, which don't include the three piles already packed in the bag. One can't have too many lacy tops and dressed to farm in!

Then there's our bug/sun regiment. It's not nearly enough.

I'll attempt to post often with updates of our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment